This campaign will run for 6 months, from 1 June 2006 - 31 December 2006.
The focus of this campaign will be the Middle East & Mediterranean theatres of battle of World War II, and the men, women and equipment that gallantly took part therein.
Herewith follows a list of British campaigns and key battles which should provide a good starting point for participants:
- Abyssinia 1940-41:] Keren, Amba Alagi, The Juba, Gondar
- British Somaliland 1940
- Iraq 1941
- Syria 1941: Damascus, Damour
- North Africa 1940-43: Sidi Barrani, Bardia, Tobruk, Beda Fomm, Gazala, Mersah Matruh, Alamein Line, Alam El Halfa, El Alamain, Medenine, Mareth, Tebaga Gap, Wadi Akarit, Enfidaville, Tebourba Gap, Bou Aradi, Kasserine, Fondouk, Oued Zarga, El Kourzia, Medjez plain, Tunis
- Sicily 1943: Landings in Sicily, Adrano
- Italy 1943-45: The Sangro, Salerno, Naples, Volturno Crossing, Monte Camino, Garagliano Crossing, Anzio, Cassino, Liri Valley, Rome, Trasimene Line, Arezzo, Florence, Gothic Line, Coriano, Lamone Crossing, Rimini Line, The Senio, Argenta Gap, Bologna
- Greece 1941: Mount Olympus
- Greece 1944-45
- Middle East 1941-44: Crete 1941, Malta 1940-42
The Rules and Regs
This is a general modelling campaign, therefore all relevant genres (i.e. Armour, Aircraft, Figures, Softskins and Maritime) and scales will be accepted. The key point here is the word "relevant". The troops, armour, aircraft, etc must have taken part in the theatre/campaign depicted. The campaign leader reserves the right to request a participant to justify their entry or entries.
Participants may enter as many relevant entries as they so with, provided the entry is completed during the time period.
For their efforts, partipants will be awarded a nifty piece of cyber-ribbon to add to their collections and show off to friends and family.