From the Wright brothers to the Giant Airbus Passenger Plane, Civilian planes have become a very important part of Human History. In the early years it was a fad for the rich, the crazy or the daredevil. It then became more then a passing fad to most governments who used planes to help move mail long distances across the deserts, mountains and jungles all over the world.
Then companies started up passenger service for people who had to get there as fast as possible instead of waiting for days for the railroad to get them where they needed to be.
Next you had smaller planes that an average person could buy, maybe to take the family for a Sunday flight, or to fly to grandma's for Thanksgiving.
So this Campaign is all about the evolution of Civilian Planes through History.
The Rules and Regs
The rules are simple:
1) Only civilian planes are allowed.
2) Ex-military or designed for the military planes or helicopters are not allowed.
3) Civilian helicopters are allowed.
4) No limits on the timeline, but sci-fi/futuristic models are not allowed.
5) Multiple builds are allowed, but only 1 ribbon will be awarded.
6) WIP's are encouraged, how else will we learn new ways to model?
7) Dioramas are allowed.
8) At least 1 good , clear photo must be posted in the gallery for your ribbon.
9) Please remember to have fun, this is a hobby - not real life.